[FFmpeg-devel] customize ffplay.c

Luca Malandrino lucamala
Tue Oct 2 15:16:23 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,
I'm new in FFmpeg community. I'm developing on Mac OSX Intel, and I'm running and debugging the simple media player ffplay.c in Xcode 2.4. I would like to use the player to play movies or media in general but from memory.
So I need to get my data from a stream. I'm trying to register my own protocol in the player, cause I would like to pass as arguments to the player something like "[my_protocol_name]://[my_stream_id]". I inserted information about my new protocol in the files avio.h and file.c (my protocol behavior is grouped with pipe and file protocols behavior), but I can't understand in what place the player choose if get data from a file or from "pipe" or "http" etc.
Probably the player parse the initial characters of the argument passed....Is it true?Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance.

Luca