[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] remove lrintf fallback implementation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Oct 1 18:01:16 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 04:23:46PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:55:18PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm not sure which systems still lack lrintf, but we refused to add a
> > fallback implementation of llrint for Cygwin.  So IMO the lrintf
> > fallback should go.
>
> I don't disagree with removing it, but IIRC just nobody came up with a
> correct llrint implementation...

IIRC noone tried, there where just people from win32 who had no brain
or just wanted to troll and then there where the unix people who just
didnt care about cygwin

maybe a simple (int64_t)rint() would work well enough i dunno and i dont
care about cygwin
also theres (int64_t)rintl() as option and theres the one of just not
using any float&doubles but use integers instead to emulate it

and one could use asm() as well

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data