[FFmpeg-devel] libavutil simd

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Oct 1 13:11:29 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 12:19:43PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 12:27:12AM -0600, Loren Merritt wrote:
> >> Any objections to moving cputest.c and related code to libavutil? I'd like
> >> to simd some of the lavu functions, but cpu detection depends on lavc.
> >
> > cputest.c + the parts needed from the headers are ok
> >

> How that relates to my old email about the same subject?

cputest.c contains clean code to detect various x86 extensions

vs.

you did not suggest any clean way to detect altivec (likely because there
is no clean way) sigill catching, fork, /proc/* parsing none of them is
something i will accept in libavutil and actually i wouldnt accept it in
libavcodec either if it where submitted by someone now

Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves? -- Diogenes of Sinope