[FFmpeg-devel] VP5 interlaced mode, any hints?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Nov 30 10:22:13 CET 2007

Hello,
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:09:24AM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > this is a sample for the VP5 interlaced mode:
> > http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/VP5/vp5_interlace.avi
> > does someone have any hints what is needed to make it play right?
> > I creates the typical artefacts that appear when you either use the
> > wrong IDCT or use it on the wrong data...
>
> I started implementing "interlaced" vp6 decoding some times ago.
> I never finished it, but I think the code is almost OK.
> At least bitstream parsing should be OK (even for vp5).
> Unfortunately it don't produce much better result with your
> vp5 file.
> (see attached patch)

Do you have a (mostly) working sample file, preferable vp5?
Also, with that sample file valgrind reports lots of invalid reads,
there seems to be something seriously wrong with the code (though the
bug might be in MPlayer, I did not yet check ffplay).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger