[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Nov 20 11:07:46 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> I was not sure about it, so I did not change the version number
>>> waiting for some feedback ;-)
>>>
>> ^^
>
> the major version of lavf must be increased for teh ByteIOContext
> chaneg which i approved anyway
> so if the timing isnt too far off we could missuse that change to mean
> both ByteIOContext to pointer and split

Ok for me. I hope we can do all these changes at the same time.
BTW, does this mean that all the changes will have to be done in an
"atomic way" (one big commit)? Or can we commit the various patches
separately, and having few svn revisions with the wrong library version
is ok?

> i guess your patch and scripts wont break if a few &x -> x and similar
> are changed all over the place?

I suppose they will not break. And if they will do, I'll fix them.

			Thanks,
				Luca