[FFmpeg-devel] Question regarding DV decoder

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Tue Nov 20 09:52:19 CET 2007

Dear ffmpeg developers,

at the moment i am testing if it would be possible to get DV video
decoding at realtime on a VIA Epia 1Ghz (C3-2, MMX, SSE, i686 compatible).
The mainconcept decoder manages to decode with 28-34ms per 40ms frame,
so it would be possible, where ffmpeg fails to do it below 40ms at average.

The dv video decoder code seems to be pure C (no mmx) with a FIXME that
tells one should use dsputils rather. There seem to be some if's in
inner loops, that could be factorized out. The code hasn't been touched
since 8 monthes.

Who maintains it, or may be so kind to give me a bit more information
about it, e.g. like possibility of mmx support?

If my company decides to use it, i can myself try to add mmx support or
other speedups, hopefully pushing it below 40ms.

Thanks...

--
Best regards, Thorsten