[FFmpeg-devel] How to replace AVPaletteControl with AVPacket?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Nov 16 12:45:49 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 12:04:17PM +0100, Edward Hervey wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 11:56 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:37:39AM +0100, Dejan Sakelsak wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would really love to port gst-ffmpeg to the latest ffmpeg and
> > > everything is going smoothly except for AVPaletteControl,
> > > which is now deprecated. How am I meant to use it now?
> >
> > send a patch which removes AVPaletteControl and passes palete data
> > as AVPackets between demuxers and decoders
> >
> > 1 patch for each demuxer-decoder pair would be best where it can be
> > split like that
>
>   Do you mean to say that AVPaletteControl has been marked deprecated
> before any alternative has been written ?

no, just that not all demuxers and decoders have been updated
and patches doing that are welcome

after all this is list is about development OF ffmpeg not development
WITH ffmpeg, so as you posted here, its obvious you want to work on
ffmpeg and send us a patch. :)

It is not what we do, but why we do it that matters.