[FFmpeg-devel] How to replace AVPaletteControl with AVPacket?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Nov 16 11:56:26 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:37:39AM +0100, Dejan Sakelsak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would really love to port gst-ffmpeg to the latest ffmpeg and
> everything is going smoothly except for AVPaletteControl,
> which is now deprecated. How am I meant to use it now?

send a patch which removes AVPaletteControl and passes palete data
as AVPackets between demuxers and decoders

1 patch for each demuxer-decoder pair would be best where it can be
split like that

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato