[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] adding 'dist' rule to makefiles

Ismail Dönmez ismail
Tue Nov 13 03:11:38 CET 2007

Tuesday 13 November 2007 Tarihinde 04:06:11 yazm??t?:
> but if it was really that easy withcurrent tools / setup, don't you think
> ffmpeg would be making releases?

Uhm, release would mean support. FFmpeg is a moving target, see how -ac , -vc
names are changed etc. With this speed of development supporting a release of
FFmpeg is infeasible hence making releases would be a useless thing to do.

It has nothing to do with shipping ffmpeg is hard. I do it for my distro and
its damn easy. Whats hard is keeping compatible with backward releases.

Just my 0.2?.

/ismail

--
Faith is believing what you know isn't so -- Mark Twain