[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] adding 'dist' rule to makefiles

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Nov 13 00:18:14 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 12:00:02AM +0100, Dejan Sakelsak wrote:

> On 11/12/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> > "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > More interesting would be a co-implementation of make distcheck on
> > > top of this (only for the top-level dir, fairly easy).
> >
> > It will only become interesting when you prove the usefulness of it.
>
> When i was writing this patch i browsed trough almost 30 rules in the Makefiles,
> can you really prove useful all them? I guess not.

You are guessing wrong.  They are all there for a good reason (and
useful even).  If you find room for improvement or suboptimal rules,
I'm all ears.  But I can assure you that all the low-hanging fruit
has already been picked.

Diego