[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] adding 'dist' rule to makefiles

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Nov 12 21:52:33 CET 2007

Hi,

On Nov 12, 2007 3:40 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:

> FFmpeg doesn't use autosh*t, and hence doesn't need a complicate
> tarball builder.

[..]

> If it's in SVN, it's should damn well be working.

So ffmpeg never has bugs? Anyway, don't bother, I expected both replies, go
bully yourself, it's unfortunately not true. FFmpeg may not use auto**, but
it does have generated files. Stuff in svn may work for you but not for me
or the other way around. You're so predictable, Mans. And a ruthless
pessimist. Fortunately, you don't maintain ffmpeg.

> FFmpeg doesn't have a version number.

That was is both unexpected and just way hilarious. You should go into
comedy.

$ ./ffmpeg | head -n1
FFmpeg version FFMpeg-0.4.8, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

Nice try.

Ronald