[FFmpeg-devel] rRe: [RFC] 16-bit component library

Øyvind Kolås pippin
Tue May 29 01:38:31 CEST 2007

On 5/27/07, erik98 at sunflower.com <erik98 at sunflower.com> wrote:
> >?yvind Kol?s wrote:
> >The issue I tried to raise is not that a you end up with multiple Y
> >components, but the offset of the chroma samples in relation to the
> >luma samples. Some googling brought me to a page with some diagram
> >showing some different ways the chroma samples can be positioned.
> >http://www.mir.com/DMG/chroma.html
>
> Thanks for the excellent link. I think I now understand what you were referring to.
> Do you know how the sub-sampling up/down conversion is usually done?
> bi-linearly, bi-cubic splines, or what?

I do not have an exhaustive reference, I just pointed out this things
since it is one of the few things I haven't done in babl yet either :d

/?yvind K.
--
?The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed?
                                                 -- William Gibson