[FFmpeg-devel] Request for comment: Tutorial

Stephen Dranger dranger
Thu May 24 12:28:40 CEST 2007

On 5/24/07, V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have written a rather lengthy ffmpeg tutorial that starts by going
> > over Martin Bohme's old tutorial, then proceeding to recreate
> > ffplay.c, teaching about how ffmpeg, SDL, and video in general works.
> >
> > Here's the link:
> > http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.html
> >
> > I am a relative newcomer to ffmpeg, however, and there may be some
> > factual errors. I've tried my best to figure out exactly how the
> > ffmpeg libraries work, and it's undergone a lot of revisions, so
> > hopefully I've gotten everything right.
>
> Great tutorial!
>
> I just have two nitpicks:
>
> a) In http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/tutorial07.html, the link at the bottom
> named as "Software scaling" should point to tutorial08.html
>
> b) Would be possible to offer a "printer friendly" version?
> (I'm old enough to prefer reading in paper dense matters such as
> these ones :-) )

a) Thanks; fixed
b) I was planning to provide a text-only version anyway, I just wanted
to get some feedback on the content first. But! I uploaded HTML print
versions and ASCII versions of them that you can access by clicking
the "print version" and "text version" links at the top of each page.
You can also now get a tarball of the source and source + ASCII files.

Let me know if there's a better way to present things,
--Stephen