[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP from Tv-card with ffmpeg (looking for developer) (Jacob Str-mlund)

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu May 24 08:45:04 CEST 2007

Hi Piero,

Piero Bugoni wrote:
[...]
> I have streamed video direct from a TV capture card
> with  ffmpeg/ffserver, using FLV format. I have done
> it with sound, but NO SYNC.
>
> (This may be the problem: I use a TV capture card to
> get the video, and a separate sound card to get the
> audio.
This is perfectly ok, and there should be no synch problems. Can you try
capturing a small mpg or avi file with ffmpeg, and see if A/V synch is
ok? If not, you found a bug, and we need to fix it.
(I used libavformat to capture audio and video during my previous work,
until the end of 2006, and I had no synch issues. So I hope everything
is still working :).

If you see no A/V synch problems in a captured avi or mpg file, then the
  problem is in the flv muxer or in ffserver.

				Luca