[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Thu May 24 08:21:17 CEST 2007

--- Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> I should clarify that I think that the -ipod idea
> (or probably a profile
> system) is a good idea, though not a significant
> enough task for a
> bounty. It would probably be more suited as a
> qualifier task to
> determine if a prospective coder would be good
> enough to take on a
> proper bounty task, which would be much more
> complicated.

This sounds fine, but while we are on the subject, and
since I do not know, what are the codec and storage
parameters used by iPods? Is ffmpeg currently unable
to produce such output? Is the goal to load and manage
the  iPod with ffmpeg, or simply to produce a file
that can be loaded on an iPod using iTunes, or some
other program?

iTunes will use mp3's but first converts them to AAC,
right? I do not know about the video iPod, but
wouldn't it accept the same formats that Apple
publishes on their movie-trailer page?

Thanks,

P.