[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] move wmv2.c to its own file

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat May 19 01:15:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:46:40 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:35:29PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > This is a rough draft for moving wmv2.c to its own file, i.e. make it
> > not be just an include from msmpeg4.c[1].
>
> Here is the second try.  Unfortunately the patch is starting to become
> large and the resulting libavcodec.a is about 100k bigger than the
> original.  I'm sure you guys can tell me how to avoid this...

You include msmpeg4tab.h in msmpeg4.h which is then included both
in msmpeg4.c and wmv2.c. This duplicates the static tables in the
2 objects.
msmpeg4tab.h *must* only be included from a single .c file.
Tables which needs to be shared between the 2 .c files *must*
be moved to msmpeg4data.c.
This should solve the libavcodec.a size increase.

About the size of your patch, you may want to split function renaming
(adding ff_ prefix) from the rest of the patch.

BTW: There is a lot of other file dependencies to split/cleanup so I
will probably let you fix this one for now.

Aurel