[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat May 12 14:41:08 CEST 2007

On 12 May 2007, at 12:46, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
>>> 360MHz UltraSparc-IIi, 320MB, NetBSD, git 1.5.1.1, 12kbyte/s gprs
>>>
>>> real    24m45.728s
>>> user    1m2.306s
>>> sys     0m8.968s
>
> [root at laptop ~]# time git clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg
> sh: git: command not found
>
> real    0m0.063s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.006s
>
> I beat you all!

:)

> Can we please drop that "mine is bigger" contest, this is flooding the
> mailing list for no reason.

Indeed. I was a bit surprised at the popularity of posting responses.
I was mainly posting it to exhibit how long it took for an initial
checkout from the server and to check that that was a reasonable
time. As it turned out, my 1.4.4.4 version of the git client was
super slow and updating to 1.5.1.4 made things go much quicker. So,
posting was beneficial to me. The UltraSparc entry was amusing
though. :)

Rob