[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat May 12 02:34:54 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 10:41:17AM -0400, Jonathon Elwood wrote:
> [...]
> > > >
> > > Unfortunately, I'm stuck?  With the attached patch the fps is now
> > > detected correctly on all samples.  Also the AV sync is correct on 80%
> > > of my samples.  This is a nice improvement, but I still have the
> > > problem where the video is "stuck" on the first frame (this accounts
> > > for the 20% where the AV sync is incorrect).  Unfortunately, I don't
> > > know where to look.  Any help or guidance would be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> >
> > one thing which is interresting is that asf videos generated by ffmpeg
> > are also sometimes having "stuck" frames when played with some versions
> > of wmp, so finding the exact cause of this might help .asf muxing too
> > maybe ...
> >

> > > If anyone would like to see a sample that exhibits the "stuck frame"
> > > problem, I uploaded the sample on April 3rd that demonstrated this
> > > issue.   ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ NBA
> > > Basketball_WPTA-DT_28_01_2007_14_59_45.dvr-ms.  If this sample doesn't
> > > exist on the ftp site any longer, please let me know and I'll upload
> > > it again.
> >
> > yes, please do, also upload a .txt file with the same name which says
> > what the sample does
>
> I believe the NBA sample is still there.  I tried to upload it again
> and I got a message saying "can't create file".  I'm guessing it can't
> create the file because it already exists.  Just incase I uploaded
> another sample that shows the problem.  The file ABC_SD.dvr-ms stays
> on the first frame for roughly 8 seconds.  The NBA sample stays on the
> first frame for roughly 2 seconds.

ive tried these files and i cannot reproduce any freezing frames with
svn head ffplay with them, also their AV sync is not worse with ffplay
then any other random mpeg2 video

can someone confirm that there is any problem at all with these files?

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire