[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Thu May 10 23:02:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/10/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:

> There is now a git repo at git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg tracking
> FFmpeg svn.  A gitweb interface is at http://git.mplayerhq.hu/.
> I will try to get git-http and cvs access working tonight.

What's supposed to happen if I "git commit
libavcodec/ppc/h264_altivec.c" on a modified file (which I just did a
few minutes ago)?

Is it supposed to commit my changes to my local copy, (so that I can
make incremental changes to the code I have in my local copy), or is
it supposed to propagate these changes to mplayerhq's git/svn
repository?

The documentation I read about git seems to indicate that it's
supposed to update mplayerhq's repository, but gitweb doesn't agree
with that. Plus, it's rather strange that it hasn't prompt me with any
user/pwd.

Mmmmm.... git does seem to be a much different animal than SVN and CVS....

Guillaume
--
Rich, you're forgetting one thing here: *everybody* except you is
stupid.