[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Thu May 10 20:40:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/10/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
> > The "real" values are obviously due to network speed, but the 54 seconds
> > for sys in the first mail look like the system has some serious problems
> > with git... Or maybe something else was going on that thrashed the disk
> > cache? git is very sensitive to that I think.
>
> Core2 Quad 2.66GHz, 4GB, 4Mbps ADSL:
> real    2m15.700s
> user    0m4.000s
> sys     0m0.213s

4xG5 2.5GHz, 3GB, OSX Tiger, 695,87 kbytes/s ADSL
time git clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg

real    0m53.507s
user    0m8.105s
sys     0m3.040s

damn, this machine is fast! :-)

Guillaume
--
Rich, you're forgetting one thing here: *everybody* except you is
stupid.