[FFmpeg-devel] Why 'You can only build one library type at once on MinGW'?

Ramiro Ribeiro Polla ramiro
Wed May 9 20:53:00 CEST 2007

Zuxy Meng wrote:
> For shared libraries, make install on mingw never works, regardless
> whether we build static and shared libraries together or not: dlls
> gets installed under $PREFIX/lib, while it should go to $PREFIX/bin;

That would be my fault. Some time ago [1] I sent a patch [2] to remove
the special "C:\Program Files" case for MinGW installs.
Along in that patch, shlibdir was also (incorrectly) removed.

Sorry,
Ramiro Polla

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/40996
[2] http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/configure?r1=7222&r2=7230