[FFmpeg-devel] MP3 file that crashes ffmpeg

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon May 7 09:54:28 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 02:17:50AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 06:28:36PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 04:20:22PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > > On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 04:13:41PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > And this patch will at least not break anything that was working before,
> > > but the code is probably wrong anyway.
> >
> > fixed differently (num_sprite_wraping points isnt allowed to be >3 in mpeg4
> > with gmc)
>
> Note that the file still does not play even though the crash is gone ..

Yes, MP3 files that do not start with MP3-frames only get a quarter of
the max. autodetection score, whereas anything that looks even only
remotely like raw MPEG4 gets one half, thus ffmpeg it as MPEG4 -
for some reason it does not give a bonus to mp3 for the extension (at
least that's where I think the difference to mplayer -demuxer lavf comes
from)??

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger