[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] SVN dump

Trent Piepho xyzzy
Fri May 4 21:45:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> As I was not sure I could give a correct answer regarding your
> questions, I asked them on the GIT mailinglist. This triggered the
> following thread:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/46008
>
> Hope this clears things up.

>From that thread:

> With svn cp you actually create this "blame" history:

>            \

This seems exactly what was discussed here, where in Mercurial/git you
simply create a new branch starting the last good revision, and this branch
is now the new main branch, while the 'B' branch has become the mistake
branch.

With Mercurial, you could use 'hg strip B' to actually remove B from the
repository, if you really wanted to (B is huge or illegal for example).
I'm sure there is a git command to do this too.