[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-cvslog] r8420 - trunk/libavcodec/dv.c

Loren Merritt lorenm
Tue Mar 27 00:48:37 CEST 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:22:27AM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
>
>> Maybe this attribute or the noinline attribute disable optimizing the
>> calling convention?
>
> Would be nice, but I doubt it. I suppose the function name (i.e.
> pointer) should just be passed as a constraint to the asm, if it's
> possible to setup a call like that via inline asm semantics without
> resorting to wasting a register storing the address..

noinline doesn't force a normal calling convention, but passing the
function name to an asm block does. The "i" constraint is compatible with
function addresses and doesn't use up a register.

--Loren Merritt