[Ffmpeg-devel] Shorten file playback broken in SVN trunk

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sun Mar 25 20:03:35 CEST 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:41:29 +0300
Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 18:34 +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:04:23 +0100
> > Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> > > This most likely means that the shorten decoder returns with a value >=
> > > 0 but without setting data_size, which is incorrect.
> >
> > Indeed this seems to be the problem.
> > Attached patch fixes playback of shorten files. I will apply soon.
>
> Are you sure this is an error case which should return -1 and not just a
> case with no output that should set "*data_size = 0"?

Indeed, that's not an error case. Interestingly, returning -1 gives
the same result.
Anyway, attached patch should be better. And it fixes another case
with return >= 0 and data_size not set.

Aurel