[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in pts computation in compute_pkt_fields() ?

Wolfram Gloger wmglo
Tue Mar 20 14:27:00 CET 2007

Hi,

> >> I'm experiencing problems with the pts values of the audio packets given
> >> by av_read_frame(). The stream I feed to ffmpeg is a DVB-T stream mpeg2
> >> audio and video.
> > That is probably raw mpeg-ts, right?
>
> What do you mean by "raw mpeg-ts"?

Well, a raw mpeg transport stream, such as obtained on Linux with:
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

> MPEG-TS PTS is always 33 bits.  The PCR is 42 bits.  Nothing is 60 bits.

Yes, sorry, it should be 33 for the substreams.  When I encountered
the same problem as the OP it was somewhat lower, IIRC.
I just scanned through mpegts.c and took the highest value from this
line (1303):

        av_set_pts_info(st, 60, 1, 27000000);

So what's the 60 doing there?  Should it perhaps be 42?

Regards,
Wolfram.