[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] Compilation failure when using --disable-opts

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Mar 15 01:58:56 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:15:32 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 12:13:07AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> >
> > > Hi

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > the tests should be run on x86_64 too
> >
> > Care to explain?
>
> well if the x86 code is put under a CONFIG_EBX which is never set for x86_64
> then you practically disable it for x86_64, not nice ...
>

> > Does the same test even work at all on x86_64?
>
> why not?

Theoretically, the frame pointer check should be done on rbp instead of ebp.
But IIRC when you set the lower 32 bits of a register, the higer 32 bits are
cleared to 0. So the frame pointer check will probably work on x86_64 as is.

Aurel