[Ffmpeg-devel] GSoC'07 Wiki

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Mar 13 13:18:28 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 11:21:42AM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> Why?  I'd love to see AAC implemented and I don't see why it wouldn't
>>> need a SoC project ...
>> Code is already present in aac trunk, and google already dedicated a
>> project for it last year, it failed to be integrated yet and integration
>> is IMHO not a sufficient reason to propose it again.
>
> Only code for LC AAC exists and is not finished, HE-AAC is not yet
> implemented.  This sounds like a good SoC project to me ...

Current code needs cleaning/reviewing first, coding HE-AAC support onto
it will only lead to harder reviewing/cleaning process if someone ever
wish to and we cannot expect that to be done as google soc project.

>>> Why?  RV30/RV40 needs to be reverse engineered, the rest seems plausible
>>> to me ...
>> What do you mean by "the rest" ?
>
> I mean everything *except* RV30/RV40 sounds plausible.  Now what do you
> mean by "is that a dream"?

Non realistic, an utopia.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312