[Ffmpeg-devel] ALSA wrapper

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Fri Mar 9 23:48:28 CET 2007

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 23:22 +0100, Benoit Fouet wrote:
> [...]
>
>> ooops :-[
>> i'm sorry, i missed it (i now saw it, though)
>> well, this was my start in ffmpeg, good bye then :-D
>>
> If you look at the code, you'll see that it contains a lot of "FIXME"s,
> many unimplemented features, etc... So, I think you can have a lot of
> fun making it acceptable for inclusion in svn ;-)
> (I have not much time to work on it right now)

i looked at it (briefly, though) and what can be changed for sure is the
device (i would have opened the "default" one, to let ALSA (and its
user) choose in fact)
i'd have to check, but i think this would also make quite sure the 16
bits format is available...
well, i think this post would be better placed where you sent your
patch, now i come to think about it...
and about inclusion, it'll be pretty debugged more quickly if tested by
various users, no ? :)

Ben