[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Mar 9 16:49:10 CET 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 16:07 +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
[...]
> > However, if audio.c is a place to look for a potential
> >  solution then that is a good tip.
>
> I think you misunderstood the architecture. video4linux does only video
> capture. You need to capture audio from an OSS device, that is supported
> via audio.c
Piero, to check if your audio input is working, first try to capture
some audio and video with the ffmpeg program:
ffmpeg -f audio_device -i /dev/dsp -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 /tmp/out.mpg
or something similar, look at the documentation (you can use "-f
video4linux" if you prefer).

I had both video4linux and video4linux2 working together with audio (in
some systems, video4linux can drop a lot of video frames, but
video4linux2 always works).

> It might be a good idea implementing capture from ALSA.
I have a half-implemented input/output format for ALSA (it is
incomplete, but it works). I think I already posted it in the past, but
I could be wrong. If someone is interested, I'll send it this evening.

				Luca