[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC/Patch] native mms code...

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Tue Mar 6 18:46:39 CET 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, Ryan Martell wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2007, at 8:48 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> my idea IIRC (its some time ago when i suggested
>> AVStream.discard ...)
>> was that the user sets AVStream.discard for all but 1 video and
>> audio stream and the mms code then requests these from the server
>> so the server sends just them ...
[..]
> The only problem with that is that if you ran it in default mode, on
> an mms server that had multiple audio streams, I'm not sure what
> ffplay.c would do.

a) set all streams except the first one (or the one with lowest or
highest bitrate, just anything that isn't completely random) to
discard by default (before you return from the function, letting the
app decide which ones to take).

b) if multiple are chosen by the app _after_ this, either warn on the
commandline (or even assert, since it's a programming error) or warn
and set all but the first selected video/audio to discard.

Ronald