[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Mon Mar 5 22:05:59 CET 2007

Hi,

I agree on Diego's comments, except on this:

>> If a person is pointed to an external source for
>> something, putting an explicit URL to that item is
>> nice, but unfortunately seems doomed to failure
>> eventually.
>
> Yes, URLs are fickle beasts..

I'd rather point to some URL, it may change but docs may be updated too.

(notice that Diego is the official maintainer, so you'd better follow his
advice than mine :-)  )

I just tried the examples, and this one does not work on my computer:

+   # Scrolling credits from a text file
+   ffmpeg -i input.avi -vhook 'vhook/imlib2.so -c white -F
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/VeraBd.ttf/16 \
+     -x 100 -y -1.0*N -f credits.txt' -sameq output.avi

The reason is that my bash (3.2.9) doesn't understand the backslash
in the middle of single quoted strings, it does accept it if double
quoted, though.

Another comment is that you may reduce the command length, instead of
-F /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/VeraBd.ttf/16
your may use
-F VeraBd.ttf/16
if you set the FONTPATH.

Other than that, it looks ok.