[Ffmpeg-devel] Real-time mpegts encoding and streaming - System Built and Run Succesfully

Theofilos Karachristos teo_kar
Sun Mar 4 18:06:59 CET 2007

Hi to all again

I apologise for posting again on this mailinglist, but this time I don't have any
complain, but on the contrary I want to thank you all for building this wonderfull tool.

I finally managed to solve all the problems I have with the ffmpeg library. I also understood the idea of the protocols and was able to build and use one of my one. Actually, the idea of the use of protocols in ffmpeg is great. It solves many problems.

Michel Bardiaux, although I think your answers are a little bit abrupt and rude, I want to thank you for clarifying the difference between a format and a protocol. it helped me a lot on looking on the right place and finally solving my problem.

Ah! And in case you are interested in this, the mpeg2 ts that it is being build is shown perfectly on VLC now. No jitter is shown at all.

To conclude, I want to thank all of you again for building such a usefull and powerfull tool. Keep up the good work guys.

Theofilos Karachristos