[FFmpeg-devel] GPL version matter

Christophe GISQUET christophe.gisquet
Sat Jun 30 22:19:12 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :
> theres something you miss here, and that is the following part of the LGPL
> 2.1:

Indeed I missed it, thinking 2.1 was a matter of phraseology. I
generally don't make my choices on absolute confidence in a sunny
future, or more tersely, that I will like any GPL versions coming out
any day.

> so even without the "(at your option) any later version."
> anyone can take your LGPL 2.1 code and change it to GPL 12.3.4

Then let my obvious question after that obvious correction be:
Are contributions under the strictly version 2 GPL accepted?