[FFmpeg-devel] Snow development ad

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Jun 29 00:30:52 CEST 2007

Keenan Pepper wrote:
> On 6/28/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> IMO, we should not send someone any money before they demonstrated that they
>> are capable to do the work, working on things related to LIGO is certainly
>> qualifying the person to other similar science stuff but video coding is
>> quite different from searching for gravitiy waves though both surely are
>> pretty cool
>>
>> so IMO he should either do some qualification task similar to what we
>> required for SOC or work on snow first and get payed after he showed some
>> usefull results
>
> That's perfectly fine with me. I'm not asking for any money up front.

I can't remember if you've done FFmpeg development before (and I don't
have my list archives with me). If you are interested in familiarizing
yourself with basic dev, try taking on one of the SoC qualification
tasks (one that didn't get implemented, ideally):

  http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=SOC#Qualification_tasks

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson