[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: allow load_input_picture, load_input_picture to be architecture dependent

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm
Wed Jun 27 02:32:15 CEST 2007

On 6/26/07, mmh <mmh at pleasantst.com> wrote:

> This patch lays the ground work for pipelined data movement for the
> load_input_picture function.
>
> If this load is pipelined my embedded system will save around 33MIPS
> for QVGA video encode, multiply by 4 for SD.
>
> This functionality includes 2 functions, get_frame, and frame_ready
> which can be defined by a specific architecture.

Would returning 0 from encode frame cause a delay in the encoding process?
I guess what I'm thinking is that I/we can just return 0 if s->frame_ready()
== 0.  Does this do what I want?

Is there any objections to applying this type of patch?

Thanks
Marc