[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg installation instructions are out of date.

Steve Baker sjbaker1
Sun Jun 24 01:51:03 CEST 2007

Hi!

(Please CC: replies to steve at sjbaker.org - thanks!)

I was trying to install ffmpeg (from todays' SVN_ as per these
instructions:

     http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net/encoding.html

It says:

    1.  Exract ffmpeg package, go to the ffmpeg libavcodec directory and
mkdir amr amr_float amrwb_float
    2. extract 26073-5xx.zip to amr directory
    3. extract 26104-5xx.zip to amr_float directory
    4. extract 26236-5xx.zip to amrwb_float
    5. ./configure --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_nb-fixed --enable-amr_wb
--enable-mp3lame
    6. make & install

Firstly, the link you give for the AMR codec is a bit unobvious (it
would have been nicer if after instruction number (1) it said "Go
to http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/latest/Rel-5/26_series/ and
download...whatever...) - but when I tracked them down, the
26236-570.zip file contains nothing but a doc file...so perhaps
instruction (4) is wrong somehow.

The './configure' line you give doesn't work - configure complains that
none of those options exist.

   % ./configure --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_nb-fixed --enable-amr_wb
      --enable-mp3lame
   Unknown option "--enable-amr_nb".
   See ./configure --help for available options.

So with --help's help I guessed that this might work:

   ./configure --enable-libamr_nb --enable-libamr_wb --enable-libmp3lame

(there are no options with '-fixed'?!?)

...but (presumbaly because 26236-510.zip has nothing useful in it),
it fails with:

ERROR: libamrnb not found
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to
the
ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on
irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will
help
solving the problem.

...so I've attached config.err per your request.

HELP!!!!