[FFmpeg-devel] matching up SVN rev with ffmpeg version

Stephan Assmus superstippi
Sat Jun 23 15:04:45 CEST 2007

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote (2007-06-23, 14:31:17 [+0200]):
> The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> writes:
> > Stephan Assmus wrote:
> >> I guess I will try my binary search svn checkout idea... :-\
> >
> > Better idea: try reading the version name. '0.4.9pre1' is an actual
> > released FFmpeg version; it corresponds, according to the Changelog and
> > 'svn annotate', to revision 3298. 4752 is after that, so I would think
> > it very likely that it is the revision from which this was built.
> > (Although, given that the source was modified to change the version
> > number, there is no absolute guarantee that other changes were not made
> > at the same time.)
>
> It is more likely a revision in the range 4099--4160.  Back in those
> days we were using CVS, but for those revisions avcodec.h defined
> LIBAVCODEC_BUILD as 4752.  It's anyone's guess which version in that
> range was used, and what other changes were made in addition to the
> version number.

Ah! thanks. Missed that mail before replying to the other one. Well I don't
think anything was changed in the libavcodec code. The binary I have is
simply a build I would say.

As a side note... no, unfortunately, I cannot change my gcc version. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan