[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG-2 Acceleration Refactor

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 22 09:54:01 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:04:07PM -0700, Greg Hulands wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 19/06/2007, at 7:55 PM, Greg Hulands wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Below is the patch without cosmetic errors. No comments have been
> > made for a couple of days - not sure whether that is because the
> > thread got so long with cosmetics or no one has reviewed the patch
> > yet. Below is a summary of the benchmarking:
> >
> > With Patch
> > bench: utime=7.873s
> > bench: utime=7.846s
> > bench: utime=7.845s
> > bench: utime=7.863s
> > bench: utime=7.837s
> >
> > Without Patch
> > bench: utime=7.958s
> > bench: utime=7.880s
> > bench: utime=7.949s
> > bench: utime=7.887s
> > bench: utime=7.903s
> >
> > The full benchmark is already posted in the thread - just here in
> > summary.
> > Once this patch is committed I will provide a cosmetic patch to get
> > the actual source file looking a bit better. This will then pave
> > the way to getting hardware acceleration on Mac OS X.
>

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with this. Will
> the patch be accepted without the av_always_inline?

no, the function must be inlined not doing so is wrong, so it needs
av_always_inline
if it where not inlined it would contain completely useless if(fast) checks
which would slow the code down very signficantly

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf