[FFmpeg-devel] dv_read_seek over 2GB fix

Maksym Veremeyenko verem
Wed Jun 20 13:03:07 CEST 2007

Roman Shaposhnick ?????:

>   In that case the patch seems to be ok. I would *really* love to see
> you, Michael, commit the one or two lines about the current semantics
> of AVInputFormat::read_seek to the avformat.h. Unless, of course, I'm
> the only one who expects the function named *seek to return new
> offset on success.

If *seek* should return new offset value then read_seek should be 64-bit
type value:
-    int (*read_seek)(struct AVFormatContext *,
+    int64_t (*read_seek)(struct AVFormatContext *,
and this will require a lot of modification in demuxers code....