[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Jun 20 11:53:48 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 09:56:36AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 01:00:20PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> > M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > >
> > > Of course there will still be a central repository if/when we move to
> > > git.
> >
> > What prevents us from moving to git currently? I can migrate swscale to
> > ffmpeg quite easly if that was the problem, the recipe is simple:
> >
> > import mplayer to git, import ffmpeg to git.
> >
> > in mplayer make a branch and remove everything that isn't libswscale,
> > prune to clean up and commit this change.
> >
> > in ffmpeg make a branch and git pull the libswscale-only branch from the
> > mplayer repo.
> >
> > Commit the change.
> >
> > That's all, the story is preserved and ffmpeg has a coherent tree.
>
> Sounds like a hack to me.  As I said before, I can produce a Subversion
> repository with libswscale (and not the rest of MPlayer) properly
> interleaved in it.  Did I mention already that Subversion has
> good administration tools?

Would it e possible for now to just keep svn but make the git-svn clone
writeable for developers?
Publishinng my tree via rsync just sucks.
And lastly, does git maybe have support for symlinks/whatever that would
allow to have ffmpeg and mplayer in one repository? Or some other
solution that works similarly well and simple?

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger