[FFmpeg-devel] broken ts demuxer with rtp

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Tue Jun 19 21:03:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 07:35:15PM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
>> matthieu castet wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> some rtsp stream are broken.
>>>
>>> After some invesigation, it seems it comes from the mpegts demuxer :
>>>
>>> The mpegts demuxer is feed with mpegts_read_packet function. But the pat
>>> handler seem to be never set and the mpegts demuxer instead of parsing
>>> the pat when it see pid 0, guess wrong things.
>>>

>> Something like the attached patch make the things work, but I believe we
>> should set "ts->auto_guess = 1;" somewhere to handle stream without PAT/PMT.
>
> hmm, first, why is the rtp code calling the mpegts demuxer directly at all?
> failing to explain this id say fix the rtp code so it does not
>
> second replace the words "broken", "some", "wrong things", ... by meaningfull
> and detailed explanations

Sorry for the bad report.

Here my problem.

I got mpegts stream over rtp(rstp).
For a h264 video stream, with 1 or 2 AAC audio stream and a teletext
stream, ffmpeg loop forever in av_find_stream_info.

For a h262 video stream, with 1 or 2 mp2 audio stream and a teletext
stream, ffmpeg sometimes doesn't see all the audio stream, sometimes
thinks the teletex stream is an audio stream.

Thanks

Matthieu