[FFmpeg-devel] [svn to git] shuffle patches

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Jun 19 20:29:08 CEST 2007

A trick I got to do already one time to amend a huge messup with
histories (I converted to git the lscube project some time ago) was to
abuse the commit series to patch series feature and we should be able to
create our logic history out of that in those steps:

- import mplayer to git
- import ffmpeg till the commit before libswscale add
- generate the patchset for the swscale dir and just it
(git-format-patch -S with the right regular expression)
- create a branch for libswscale, apply the patch series till the move
to ffmpeg (git-branch + git-am)
- merge the branches (git-merge)
- generate the patchsets for ffmpeg and swscale, shuffle them and apply
(git-am)

this should preserve everything, the main issue is to automate the shuffle.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC