[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Måns Rullgård mans
Tue Jun 19 10:02:23 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:31:00AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

>> > I like the idea, I proposed it at LinuxTag after all :)
>> >
>> > Somewhere in Germany would likely be a good place given how central it
>> > is and how many devs come from there.
>>
>> Funny how everyone is proposing to do this get-together next to where he lives.
>> So I'll do my share:
>>
>> How about doing it in Frogistan?

That would suit me too.

>> > Some sort of youth hostel or
>> > similar lodging might also work fine.  We could take the repositories
>> > with us for the weekend and set up a LAN if we really wanted ...
>>
>> No need to take the central repository, thanks to GIT ;-)
>
> You seem to be under the impression that there will be no central
> repository with git.  This is wrong.

Of course there will still be a central repository if/when we move to
git.  That doesn't mean we can't set up a temporary git repo on a LAN
without proper Internet access, and push the changes back when we have
net access again.  We could even do this with git-svn.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com