[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Tue Jun 19 08:31:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 6/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 07:52:24PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > While were having a good time at LinuxTag recently, it occurred to
> > someone that we wouldn't need LinuxTag just to have some fun.  The
> > idea would be to pick a city and a weekend to meet up and discuss
> > FFmpeg, do some coding, and eat and drink a bit.  To me it sounds like
> > a great idea.
> >
> > If we want to do any coding in a sensible way, we'd need some room
> > suitable for this.  I'm thinking it should be possible to get access
> > to something at a university somewhere.  Perhaps some of our students
> > have suggestions?
> >
> > The only other criterion for a city I can think is good air
> > connections with our respective home towns (especially Southampton ;-)
> >
> > Who else likes this idea?
>
> I like the idea, I proposed it at LinuxTag after all :)
>
> Somewhere in Germany would likely be a good place given how central it
> is and how many devs come from there.

Funny how everyone is proposing to do this get-together next to where he lives.
So I'll do my share:

How about doing it in Frogistan?

> Some sort of youth hostel or
> similar lodging might also work fine.  We could take the repositories
> with us for the weekend and set up a LAN if we really wanted ...

No need to take the central repository, thanks to GIT ;-)

Guillaume
--
Subversion has been the most pointless project ever started
  -- Linus Torvalds