[FFmpeg-devel] discussion around the best way to patch the swscale for Blackfin

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jun 14 20:36:07 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:45:11PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> Or do you think we/I should just call my function
> ff_bfin_get_unscaled_swscale(c) and have it modify c->swScale directly, I
> kind of liked the fact that you can see the function modifies c->swScale at
> this level of the code.

I don't know, but at least about this approach I don't like that it
doesn't allow to use special bfin converters only for some colourspaces.
There are of course other ways to fix it, like calling
ff_bfin_get_unscaled_swscale first and then do the default stuff only
when swScale is still NULL, or checking the return value and only
setting swScale when it is != NULL etc...

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger