[FFmpeg-devel] Parallelized h264 proof-of-concept

Andreas Öman andreas
Tue Jun 12 17:20:09 CEST 2007

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>

> av_free() + av_malloc() or pass an argument to MPV_common_init()

I'll extend MPV_common_init() with an additional argument then.

>>  static void filter_mb_fast( H264Context *h, int mb_x, int mb_y, uint8_t *img_y, uint8_t *img_cb, uint8_t *img_cr, unsigned int linesize, unsigned int uvlinesize);
>> +static void execute_decode_slices(H264Context *h, int reset);
>
> cant you order the new functions so as to avoid that?

Hm, not really. decode_slice_header() needs to be able to
fire off any pending slices in case the deblocking-type changes
within a frame. (AFAIK this is valid according to the specs,
perhaps I'm wrong?)