[FFmpeg-devel] pre discussion around Blackfin dct_quantize_bfin routine

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jun 12 12:28:55 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:53:41AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
[...]
> > In case you didn't know Marc (I'm sure you do though), you only need
> > to implement BlackFin version of read_time(void) as found in
> > libavutil/common.h to get a working support of START_TIMER and
> > STOP_TIMER on you plateform.
>
> I was just reading that as you sent the mail,  Does it have to be 64
> bits or will 32 bit resolution be fine?

As long as it will not overflow, 32 bit is no problem at all. If it
does overlow you will get a few more skips, but it shouldn't be a real
problem either.
Or in short: if there's any problem with 32 bit counter, that should be
a bug in START/STOP TIMER and not your problem ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger