[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Jonathon Elwood jaelwood
Mon Jun 11 21:15:03 CEST 2007

On 6/10/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> [...]
>
> hmm, i dont think theres a clean way to detect it, and there also shouldnt
> be any need to except for debuging (and for that a simple static int should
> do)
> or is there some case iam missing?
> [...]
Using your debug statement I'm able to see the real keyframes and this
allowed me to learn two things about DVR-MS files.  First, dvr-ms
files don't have timestamps on keyframes, there is always a timestamp
on the segment right before a keyframe however.  Second, not all
DVR-MS timestamps are sequencal.  The only reliable timestamps are the
timestamps in the segment before the keyframes.

Given this information, I was going to try Interleaving the timestamps
so we would have timestamps on keyframes.  However, one thing that I
have to account for is when the stream is reset.  I have to make sure
I see the stream reset, and account for this in the calculation for
the Interleaving timestamps.

I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not positive it will work, however,
nothing else has worked so I thought this was the next logical thing
to try.