[FFmpeg-devel] parse_packet

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 8 02:26:16 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:20:23AM +0200, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
[...]
> >> The documentation of rtp_parse_packet() says:
> >> """@return 0 if a packet is returned, 1 if a packet is returned
> >> and more
> >> can follow (use buf as NULL to read the next). -1 if no packet
> >> (error or
> >> no more packet)."""
> >>
> >> Do I understand this correctly to mean that if 1 is returned the RTP
> >> packet contained multiple parts which will result in multiple
> >> AVPackets?
> >
> > i think so, anyway RTFS, dont ask me, my knowledge is just based on
> > RTFS
> > when it comes to RT*P
>
> Ok. But probably others do know, like those who wrote it :)

yes but i doubt they will awnser ...

> Furthermore, I'd think a demultiplexer would behave somewhat
> similarly:

i think so too

> Does a demultiplexer provide complete frames to the
> decoder? Or can it give the decoder little fragments of the frame?

it can either give 1 frame == 1 AVPacket or give arbitrary fragments
of the stream (for example last byte of frame x and a complete frame x+1
and the first 5 bytes of frame x+2) but then it has to set
AVStream.need_parsing

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire